Getting your exam results this summer and not sure about your next steps?
Don’t panic! Merrist Wood College are here to help you make the right decision about your future.
You can drop in for advice and guidance throughout August and September*, speak to tutors and advisors about the options available for you at college, have an interview for your preferred course, and complete your enrolment – all in one day. After visiting us, you will be ready to start your study programme or apprenticeship this September!
What is Advice and Guidance and who is it for?
Whether you're undecided about your future, or your exam results have turned out differently to how you'd expected (for better or worse, it does happen!), it's not too late to come and speak to us about your future.
Our Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG) sessions make joining us this September easy!
Our official admissions may have closed, but these short advice sessions at each of our colleges can help you get a place on a subject pathway in time for September.
How to book your Advice and Guidance session
Booking a session with one of our advisors is easy. These sessions are really busy and we don't want you to miss out, so we recommend booking a slot to discuss your options with us. We also offer drop-in sessions for those that can't book in advance, so read on for more information.
Simply click the button below which will take you to our online booking area and follow the instructions on the page. You will need to:
- Select the college you're interested in studying at
- Choose the subject area that you're interested in
- Pick a date and time that suits you
- Set up your account to confirm your booking
You can make multiple bookings to discuss different subjects. Just repeat the process.
Once your appointments are confirmed you can log back in at any time to manage or cancel them. You can also adjust your settings to receive reminders for upcoming appointments.
Booking an appointment is definitely the way to go to avoid a long wait during enrolment. However, if you want to speak with us without making an appointment, we are offering drop-in sessions on the following dates and times:
|Tue 10 September
|Thu 12 September
|Tue 17 September
|Thu 19 September
|Tue 24 September
|Thu 26 September
What you need to bring
We can offer you a place on a study programme on the day, so please ensure you bring these things to avoid disappointment:
- Evidence of your qualifications/grades
- A form of ID, which can include: Passport, Birth Certificate, another form of ID card or national identification
- Visa* (*if you are not a UK passport holder)
At your session, you could also apply for financial support if you are eligible. Also, if you are 19 or over, you may be able to claim back your fees. To apply and be assessed, please bring evidence of state benefits or payslips or P60 dated within the last three months.
How to prepare for your appointment
Follow our top tips to make sure you make the most of your visit.
- Have a look at our prospectus, online course search and apprenticeship vacancies to see what programmes and subject areas are available to you.
- Shortlist the areas that you are most interested in and best suit your career goals.
- Prepare a few questions to ask the team, for example: What modules will I study? What future job could I get? What facilities will I have access to on campus? How will I be assessed?
- Smile and be yourself!