Equine Management Courses in Guildford, Surrey
A career in the equine industry is a rewarding and satisfying experience. It requires hard work and dedication, but can be an interesting and exciting way to earn a living. There are many equine businesses in the industry including riding schools, livery yards, welfare charities, training yards and racing schools.
Our courses have a strong vocational emphasis, providing commercial awareness and practical competence for a range of equine careers. You’ll learn about horsemanship, business, management and the practical aspects of equine studies, learning about managing and maintaining an equine establishment.
The College has excellent equine training resources including an indoor equine arena, outdoor floodlit warm up arena and cross country courses. It is also a British Horse Society approved centre and has stabling for up to 40 horses. Staff have extensive knowledge of the equine industry and related industry qualifications.
|Access to Equine Management - 2020:21
|Horse Care Level 2 Diploma - 2020:21
|Horse Management Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma - 2020:21
Why Choose Merrist Wood College?
- One of the largest indoor arenas of any college in the country at 90 x 36m, with a gel track cushioned surface.
- Fully floodlit warm up arena at 30 x 60m, with a rubber surface.
- Staff with extensive knowledge of the equine industry and related experience.
- Excellent work experience opportunities for all students.
- Stabling for up to 40 experienced and inexperienced horses.
- All-weather outdoor school.
- Access to shows and events on own horse as well as College horses.
- Two permanent outdoor schooling spaces.
- Cross country schooling course.
- The centre is British Horse Society approved and hosts regular competitions, events and exams.
- Industry links with local and national organisations.
- Trips to places of interest and visits from specialist guest speakers.
Our equine qualifications are available from Entry Level to Level 4, allowing you to progress with us. We offer a number of full-time diplomas, Apprenticeships, BHS short courses, an Access to Equine Management qualification, and Equine Management Foundation Degree accredited by Kingston University.
Jobs in Equine Management
- Riding Instructor
- Horse Groom
- Equine Nutritionist
- Equine Therapist
- Event Management
- Welfare Officer
“I completed my work experience with polo horses and was offered a job at the end of it. This course has helped me pick up a lot of skills which I didn’t already have, such as completing my BHS exams.”
Hepzibah, Horse Management Level 3