Garden Design Courses in Guildford, Surrey
Our reputation for garden design training is internationally respected and our tradition for excellence is shown through many years of award winning show gardens at RHS Chelsea and Hampton Court Flower Shows.
Set in 400 acres of rural estate, our courses are taught through a series of lectures, practical sessions and visits to gardens. You’ll learn practical and theoretical skills required for garden design and practice by undertaking imaginative projects, taking into account the essential elements of context, planning, design and construction.
You work on projects of increasing complexity, building up your own portfolio and individual style, which will significantly enhance your career prospects and ability to secure future work with clients.
There are no full time courses for this subject area that match this criteria.
Why Choose Merrist Wood College?
- Multi-award winning college - over 50 medals won at RHS Chelsea and Hampton Court Flower Court.
- Strong links and an excellent reputation in the garden design industry.
- Specialist staff with industry related experience.
- Dedicated design studios fully equipped with drawing desks and access to computers with design related software.
- Talks from industry professionals and visits to places of interest.
- Ongoing programme of model gardens under construction on the College’s 400-acre estate.
Day to Day in the Industry
- Site surveying
- Concept and context
- Project design and visualisation
- Research methods
- Planting principles
- Garden history
- Ecology and sustainability
- Computer-aided design