Sports Studies Courses in Guildford, Surrey
The sport industry in the UK is fast growing and provides a diverse range of careers for lovers of both sport and fitness. We pride ourselves on our wide range of vocational courses at Levels 2 and 3, which combine practical and theoretical study in a competitive environment, to prepare you for a variety of roles linked to your chosen sport.
Study with us and you will have the opportunity to play your chosen sport on a weekly basis, and take part in regional and national competitions. You will also have access to our brand new Strength and Conditioning Suite complete with weights room, sports pitches and outdoor recreational facilities.
Our football programmes provide students with first-class training and the opportunity to play and train in a professional environment, alongside studying a full-time football programme. You will be given the opportunity to compete in local league football, and we will support your development, nutrition, rehabilitation, coaching, strength and conditioning. As well as this, you will train 3-4 times a week and receive individual player analysis and training plans from our UEFA qualified tutors.
For those seeking a career in golf, the College has established excellent links over the past 10 years with an adjoining privately-owned 18-hole golf course, complete with five hectare golf practice area, driving range, large putting green, all-weather artificial putting green and indoor swing lab. You will also benefit from coaching by professional club coaches, PGA professionals and professional players. We have recently performed excellently at national golf events.
Our multi-sports programmes offer students the opportunity to undertake a variety of sports non-competitively on a weekly basis rather than focus on one pathway. Alternative our Fitness and Exercise programmes are designed to teach you the knowledge and skills required to work in a variety of customer-facing roles within the active leisure industry, including fitness instructing, personal training and leisure operations.
We also offer subsidiary options on all pathways, this can be discussed after your application to your chosen pathway.
|Fitness and Exercise Level 2 Diploma - 2019:20
|Football Coaching and Fitness - Level 2 NVQ Activity Leadership and FA Level 1 - 2019:20
|Football Level 3 BTEC National Extended Diploma - 2019:20
|Physical Education Level 3 Certificate and FA Level 2 - 2019:20
|Sport (Football) Level 3 BTEC National Foundation Diploma - 2019:20
|Sport (Football) Level 3 BTEC National Foundation Diploma (in association with Leatherhead FC) - 2019:20
|Sport (Golf) Level 3 BTEC National Extended Diploma - 2019:20
|Sport (Golf) Level 3 BTEC National Foundation Diploma - 2019:20
|Sport Level 3 BTEC National Extended Diploma - 2019:20
|Sport Level 3 BTEC National Foundation Diploma - 2019:20
|Sport Studies Level 2 BTEC Diploma - 2019:20
Why Choose Merrist Wood College?
- Brand new, state-of-the-art Strength and Conditioning Suite.
- Excellent football links with the FA, local grassroots Football Clubs, Professional Football Academies and Universities in the UK and USA.
- Excellent golf links established over 20 years of golf education at Merrist Wood College.
- Coaching by UEFA ‘A’ & ‘B’ Licenced Coaches.
- Coaching by PGA professional players and coaches.
- Access to an adjoining, privately-owned 18 hole golf course.
- Three full size football pitches.
- Links with Surrey Sports Park.
- Various sport related trips including visits to local academies and golf clubs, and International Football Tours.
- Opportunity to complete additional qualifications including Gym Instructor Level 2, FA Level 1, FA Level 2, Sports Leaders, FA Coaching Disabled Footballers, and lifeguard qualifications.
- Strong industry links, providing you with excellent work experience opportunities.
Jobs in Sport, Health and Fitness
"I did my work experience at Wentworth for the BMW Championship, where I got to meet some great players. I have made some great contacts in the industry, which will help me take a big step forward in the future."
Daniel, Sport (Golf) Level 3